Well Plug and Abandonment / Platform Decommissioning
Our Decommissioning focus has grown to establish its own dedicated business line with our partners Ardent, and Lockheed Martin Surveying. The Global need for this expertise is a function of the aging production basins and subsequent Offshore Infrastructure. The three companies have come together of offer state of the art knowledge and experience across the entire process of Decommissioning. Early 2014 we have formed a dedicated alliance combining our strength for Decommissioning of Platforms and Offshore Facilities type work.
- ALERT (founded 1985) in Canada – expanded Asia, Africa/Middle East, USA
- Global Emergency Response and Integrated Risk Management Solutions Well Control, Well Engineering, Well Plug and Abandonment, Risk Management
- Regional Office / Operations Base established in Singapore in 1987
- Lockheed (founded 1912) and Martin Marietta (founded 1961) merged in 1995
- Aeronautics, Information Systems & Global Solutions, Missile and Fire Control, Mission Systems and Training, and Space Systems
- Marlin® AUV for Structural, Pipeline, and Decommissioning Surveys
- Marlin® Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) – Lockheed Martin
- ARDENT result of the merger between Svitzer Salvage and Titan (Apr ‘15)
- Svitzer (founded 1833) headquartered in Copenhagen with global offices
- Own / operate 500+ tugs; +4000 personnel serve clients, ports, terminals, worldwide
- Global salvage masters, crews, naval architects & engineering services
- Wreck removal and asset / platform / structural decommissioning
Each of our partners brings its Global reach, learning early on that every project is vastly different resulting in a wide range of removal methods. ALERT and Partners offer multiple decommissioning methods or combinations thereof. The entire process includes:
Concept and Planning phase, which included Conceptual engineering, Design engineering for removal, Survey assessment requirements.
Design and Mitigation Phase; Survey execution (side sonar scan and 3D imaging capabilities), Risk assessment, Waste Management Engineering design, Environmental study and monitoring, Finalize Project execution Decommissioning plan
Project Decommissioning execution: with our access to vessels, extensive experience with Project management and supervision and not to be underestimated, ability to react to unknown and unexpected findings and events, when Cutting & Remove Structures;
Post Decommissioning works including environmental Monitoring program.